Note: We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019 scholarship(s). Please visit us again in the spring of 2020 for information regarding the 2020 scholarship application process!
Applicants are judged on the following criteria: commitment and dedication to community service, character, responsibility, and academic achievement. The selection committee is comprised of members of the Rita Matteo Memorial Scholarship Board. The committee will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. The winner(s) of the scholarship will be notified by the committee and will be invited to receive their scholarship on August 4, 2019 at the Rita Matteo Memorial Scholarship Golf Outing.
In 2019, The Rita Matteo Memorial Scholarship Board has allocated funds to award scholarships up to $12,000.00.
The following criteria have been established for the scholarship…
- The Rita Matteo Memorial Scholarship is open to all Mentor, Lake Catholic, Willoughby-Eastlake, Fairport, Kirtland, Riverside, Perry, Painesville and Wickliffe High School graduating seniors, who have attended a minimum of 2 years.
- The Applicant MUST have a minimum of 150 Community Service Hours.
- The application MUST include an official school transcript with GPA, class rank, SAT, and/or ACT scores.
- Applicants are required to type directly on the application form. Electronic copies are available at www.ritamatteo.org
- Two letters of recommendation are required. One must be from a High School staff member. The second letter should be from someone who is able to speak to your community service experience and cannot come from a Mentor, Lake Catholic, Willoughby-Eastlake, Fairport, Kirtland or Riverside High School staff member, an employer, or a family member. Recommendation letters should attest to the applicant's participation in activities that benefit the community, specifically highlighting the qualities of character, responsibility, service, and achievement. The Rita Matteo Memorial Scholarship Board reserves the right to check references.
- All applications MUST be turned into the High School Guidance Office no later than March 14, 2019.
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE in order to be considered for the scholarship award(s).